Skelia invites Java Software Engineer to join our team for the client TUI UK — the subsidiary of a global tourism business giant! As a Java Software Engineer you will advocate state-of-the-art software development practices and develop software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods. You will tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications. Are you a lifelong learner who likes to think outside the box? Then join us!
About the client
TUI UK is a subsidiary of TUI group, one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. At TUI, they create unforgettable moments for customers across the world and make their dreams come true. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
About the project
You will join Web, Engagement global team at TUI responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery who are located, and also providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. The project is a web platform (Hybris) and the client’s strategy is to embrace new technologies to prepare for the future and deliver for the now. Client is looking at moving to Modular Architecture which will provide benefits to the way we work along with delivering faster and more efficiently for our business and customers.
- Together with your team you will own the software products and support your team in delivering the best answers to our customer’s needs from conception to operation
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architecture, and high quality with a customer-centric mindset
- You will deliver a new payments system for UK region
- You will be working on moving the project to Modular Architecture framework
- You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation
- Also Security is part of everyone’s job, you will practice secure behaviors first in everything you do
- Together with TUI teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes, and tools and help teams to use them effectively
- Proficiency in Java and its respective eco-systems
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server-side
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools, and services on AWS
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/NoSQL)
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Readiness to learn and work with the Hybris web platform
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
Skelia offers to you
- Benefit Café with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Interesting projects with innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
- Educational support, funded language classes
- Luxmed private healthcare packages
- Cozy workplace. Fresh fruits Mondays. WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive support with all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.