We are looking for a motivated and self-driven Big Data professional to join our Business Unit. We are building a Competence Center where we focus on exploring different domains to become the industry’s best-in-class specialists. If you can quickly learn new technologies, see the “big picture”, strive for high quality solutions, and work without supervision, it could be a perfect match.
We view technology as a tool and aren’t religious about it. We put these tools in service of our customers and love it when a complex problem can be solved in a simple, beautiful, and cost-effective way. This is what drives our technology choices today, and it’s what will go our options tomorrow and the day after.
Feel like you share the same values? Don’t hesitate to take this opportunity!
Our Client is a platform allowing us to track key DEI metrics across departments, business functions, and more — all in real time. As well as building dashboards for custom tracking or using dashboard templates to get started faster.
As a Senior Developer, you analyze and solve different business problems in the technology field. Your daily routine will be designing, implementing, unit testing, and documenting software systems.
• Contributing to new technologies investigations and new solutions design, supporting a culture of innovation considering matters of security, scalability, and reliability
• Working with modern data stack, coming up with well-designed technical solutions and robust code, implementing data governance processes
• Taking up responsibility for delivering major solution features
• Participating in requirements gathering & clarification process, proposing optimal architecture strategies, and leading the data architecture implementation
• Developing core modules and functions, designing scalable and cost-effective solutions
• Performing code reviews, writing unit and integration tests
• Whenever needed — taking part in developing technical project documentation and user documentation
• Participating in project and team meetings and providing relevant contributions and information
• Communicating with the Customer on complex matters, discussions, and negotiations
• Participating in technical interviews of software developer specialists and performing assessments of candidates’ capabilities against job requirements
• BS in Computer Science or a related field
• Strong knowledge of SQL
• Strong knowledge of Spark (using Scala)
• Working knowledge of serialization formats and their trade-offs (columnar vs. row-based)
• Experience debugging and optimizing Spark jobs
• Familiarity with columnar databases, key-value stores, document stores, stream processing, time series databases, data warehouses, and OLAP
• Familiarity with database fundamentals, such as ACID, snowflake schema, and normalized/denormalized data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• At least an Upper-Intermediate level of English
Would be a plus:
• Working experience with GCP, Bigtable, BigQuery, RDBMS, Kubernetes, and Terraform
• Familiarity with Data Science tooling in Spark
• Experience in the advertising industry
• Experience with real-time analytics