Nortal invites skilled Site Reliability Engineer for long-term and full-time employment.
Our client, TUI, is a global business with over 70 000 people on board, great history and challenging plans for building a digital future. TUI is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company globally, and it owns travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cruise ships and retail shops.
Our ambition is for this to be a best-in-class online account, that supports a more personalised and relevant user experience. Users will see relevant product recommendations, have access to exclusive offers, easily plan, book and manage their holidays, and be recognised and rewarded for their loyalty across all TUI legal entities.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused site reliability practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Site Reliability Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
- Be a part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain
- Work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation
- Use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services
- Ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management
- Be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements
- Hunting for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted
- Continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency
- Work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required
- Together with the teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
- Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, and DevSecOps practices
- AWS Certification at Associate level or above
- Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions, preferably Datadog, as well as with incident response solutions, like PagerDuty
- Willingness to take part in on-call rota
- Deep automation expertise, hands-on with some programming languages, e.g. Kotlin, Quarkus, Java, Microservices, GraalVM, Gradle, Spring Boot 3, Hibernate, Hibernate Reactive
- DevOps knowledge, e.g. Terraform, AWS, GitLab CI, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge
- Good knowledge of networking and security aspects
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Upper-intermediate level of spoken and written English
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Cafe with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, Covid tests, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace, commute compensations, and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.