We are searching for Backend Druid Engineer.
The product enables data scientists and teams to track, compare, explain and optimize experiments and models across the model’s entire lifecycle, enabling tracking datasets, code changes, experimentation history, and models. The product provides insights and data to build better models, faster while improving productivity, collaboration and explainability.
You’re experienced with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, etc) Deeply familiar with the tools, libraries (including open source), and frameworks that you’ve worked with and feel at home in a SAAS production environment. You’re also familiar with software engineering best practices (agile programming utilizing Scrum, code reviews, pair-programming, etc.).
The technologies that you should be familiar with, are not limited but you should at least be familiar with the following : AWS Cloud, Java8+, MYSQL, Cassandra, Redis
These are the skills that are must have
- Experience with Apache Druid
- Experience in Data Engineering
- Working knowledge of modeling, loading, and optimizing large amounts of data into Apache Druid to be queried by low latency web applications via API.
- Prior working experience in building data pipelines using Spark, Hive, Python, Airflow, or similar technologies.
- Prior working experience in Optimizing performance of data pipelines jobs.
- Quick learner, self-starter, being able to operate with little to no guidance.
- Good communication skills and being productive in a fast-paced development environment.
Bonus points if you are familiar with
- Docker and K8S
- Queuing System such as Kafka/Redis.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of microservices
- Prior knowledge of implementing real-time data processing pipelines.
- Can understand and write multi-threaded code
- Working knowledge of data modeling, and data processing infrastructure, including databases, data lakes, and data warehouses.
- Have practiced TDD.
- Have a good understanding of AI and ML
- Have an excellent understanding of database systems, relational and otherwise, including sharding for big data applications.
- Are able to conduct performance analysis for a system and find its bottlenecks.
As a Backend Engineer, you will
- Push your code to thousands of data scientists every day.
- Write tests (unit tests, integration end to end tests)
- Monitor your code after it was deployed to production
- Work on cutting-edge technologies and become an industry leader.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Solve challenging problems in a simple way.
- Work on new features in a fast-growing development environment