We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our new client’s Data Management team in Summit, NJ and will be responsible for timely delivery of hundreds of data feeds globally to its customers. You will partner with product experts and managers, developers and client service specialists to uphold high reputation of and confidence in client’s products and services, expand existing and develop new client relationships.
Our new client is an independent, privately owned company with North American headquarters in Summit, NJ, and regional offices across Europe and Asia who providing custom configuration, implementation and integration services to ensure your solution delivers optimal enterprise value.
Their solutions are used by the world’s leading financial institutions to make smarter investment research, portfolio construction and optimization, performance analysis, risk surveillance, distribution and reporting decisions.
- Practical knowledge of data quality management principles, practices, metrics and tools
- Programming proficiency (Python, Perl, other scripting languages)
- Proficiency in SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle)
- Windows and Linux OS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate complex information and influence diverse internal constituents/senior management.
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, interpret and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Will be a plus:
- Deep knowledge of financial data such as: mutual funds, market index data, hedge Funds ( Private Equity data a plus)
- Exposure to CI/CD development environment is a plus (i.e., GitLab, GitHub)
- Develop deep understanding of MPI Stylus platform, its clients, and their data requirements
- Take over complete vendor data management life-cycle
- Understand the landscape of available data sources
- Perform detailed data analysis
- Manage changes and resolve problems
- Collaborate with data partners and clients to improve information quality
- Continuously deliver accurate, complete, and timely data
- Envision, plan and implement new data products
- Work-life balance — the most important thing for us. We usually don’t have any overtime, but if yes — they are paid. In INSART we are committed to making work enjoyable first.
- Education & self-development possibilities: regular free technology fin-tech events and workshops. If you are interested in investment and other fin-tech news, you are on the right path with us. English classes for more confident speaking at meetings. Corporate library with accumulated knowledge for everyone who loves to read and to learn something new.
- Flexible working conditions — yes. You can have a fully comfortable work mode, just stick to deadlines and attend work meetings. Our engineers usually prefer to sleep up to 11am, but if you need to start your work earlier — we will figure something out. Maybe we’ll send them a morning rooster, why not?
- Fully remote. Yes, we prefer to work from home, but if you need to escape from your annoying someone’s (pets, relatives, neighbors, etc.) to the lounge-office — just call us. We’ll share its address for you.
- Friendly and professional team. Mature management. No time-trackers, only Jira timesheet filling once per month. Performance and salary evaluation process once per year depending on productivity results. Career growth opportunities inside the project and company also.
- Medical insurance package. Fully health insurance package for you and your family as needed from our partners. Paid sick leave and 4 weeks of paid vacation from INSART as well.
- Interview stages: short call with the recruiter, up to 20 min + tech interview with our team + client’s introducing. We always share the feedback, no matter what results it keeps.
- Providing all the necessary staff that you need for a productive workday. You can work from your lovely laptop or you can ask us for the working one.