GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team.
We are looking for talented hands-on engineering in building integrated care management solutions that benefit our physicians by building remote patient management workflows using AWS.
We are working on medical healthcare web solutions for a world-leading connected health company with more than 5 million cloud-connected devices for daily remote patient monitoring. Award-winning devices and cloud software solutions that help treat and manage sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other respiratory conditions.
What you will do:
The team you will join works on new features, refactoring, and supporting existing features for medical devices. Works consist of amending monolithic and microservices systems, writing runbook, and deploying services via concourse and terraform. You will work as a full-cycle team.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing commercial solutions in Java as a software engineer.
- Experience with SQL databases
- Linux, bash experience.
- Java 8-11
- Work experience with distributed systems with a focus on Microservice Architecture style
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Work experience with unit testing with a focus on working with Junit, Mockito
- Solid experience with server-side Java development.
- Spring framework experience.
- Strong understanding of technology stacks, and knowledge of platform and service development processes within a Cloud Native architecture.
- Experience with AWS: VPC, EC2, SSM, ECS.
- A passion for software craftsmanship, technically sound design, clean code, and continuous improvement, and a solid understanding of engineering practices.
- Ability to work with infrastructure, learn and use Terraform.
- Ability to comprehend complex software systems at an abstract level.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering large-scale software solutions in the cloud which involves frontend and backend sides, infrastructure, automation & testing.
- Possess strong analysis, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working within an Agile software development process, and Scrum framework.
- Proven ability to understand product business environments and drivers. Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate and operate effectively in a collaborative global environment at all levels of the organization, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered.
- Ability to manage tasks and with given priorities.
- Very high personal communication skills, and be able to interact — with people of different levels and cultures located in different timezones.
- Experience in the healthcare domain.
- Knowledge of Terraform, AWS VPC, IAM, EC2, ECS
- Experience in software delivery through CI/CD pipelines like CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Bamboo, and Concourse.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing, estimating, planning, and implementing business requirements delivered by the Product Owner. You will suggest the best system and service architecture based on the requirements, and discuss it with other architects and team members.
- Design and document service architecture,
- Write well-designed code,
- Review team members’ code,
- Estimate and plan development.
- Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package