We are looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to join our fast-growing team.
- Law degree from a reputable university;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English;
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher is a must (including legal drafting);
- 1+ year of professional experience in IT, FinTech, Corporate, Compliance and Contract law;
- Experience in AML/KYC, GDPR, e-commerce, and compliance regulations;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Hard-working, well-organised and able to manage numerous tasks simultaneously under pressure.
- Being a part of an international team focused on excellence in product development;
- Support from colleagues and automatization of time-consuming processes;
- High-level compensation and regular performance-based salary and career development reviews;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Opportunity to work whether in an office or remote;
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave policy;
- Compensation for courses, conferences, workshops, etc.;
- Education Foundation in learning something new (professional or indeed personal interest);
- Summer corporate retreat and regular team-buildings;
- Referral program for employees.
- Analysis of legislation of various jurisdictions covering data protection, AML, licensing matters etc.;
- Drafting website documentation (policies, terms and conditions etc.) and bringing existing documents into compliance with applicable legislation, updating website documentation according to requirements of local agents and regulators;
- Legal paperwork (questionnaires, applications, complaints, forms, letters, powers of attorney, internal policies and regulations);
- Dealing with KYC matters related to PSP/bank accounts opening, companies registration etc.;
- Performing due diligence (KYC) on clients and counterparts, review and verification of received documentation, sanctions check etc.;
- Registration of IP rights to trademarks and maintenance of already registered trademarks of the company;
- Filing complaints regarding illegal use of the company’s trademarks and other IP (inter alia to Google, hosting providers, domain names registrars, ICANN, WIPO etc.), closure of phishing websites;
- Conducting legal research on various legal matters;
- Day-to-day legal and compliance support of the company’s business activity under the supervision of Head of Legal;
- Contractual work.